VMware vSphere: What’s New [V5.1]
Self-Paced (1 Hour)
This free eLearning course explores new features in VMware vCenter Server™ 5.1 and VMware ESXi™ 5.1.
|Objectives:||By the end of the course, you should gain an understanding and should be able to implement the following new functions and features of VMware vSphere® 5.1:
• Compute and Storage
o Support for hardware version 9, the latest CPU performance counters and virtual shared graphics acceleration designed for enhanced performance.
o For better space efficiency vSphere supports storage space reclamation for VDI.
o Support for VXLAN
o Enhanced vSphere Distributed Switch™ that supports:
- Network health check
- Backup and restore
- Rollback and recovery
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol support
- Single-root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV)
o VMware vSphere vMotion® without the need for shared storage configurations.
o VMware vSphere Data Protection for simple and cost effective backup and recovery,
o vSphere Replication enables efficient array-agnostic replication of virtual machine data over the LAN or WAN.
• Security: Inclusion VMware vShield Endpoint™ to eliminate the agent footprint from the virtual machines, offload intelligence to a security virtual appliance, and run scans with minimal impact.
• Automation: Two new methods for deploying new vSphere hosts to an environment make the Auto Deploy™ process more highly available than ever before.
• VMware vCenter Enhancements:
o vSphere Web Client
o vCenter Single Sign-On
o VSA enhancements
o Support for Additional Disk Drives
o Increase Storage Capacity Online
o vCenter running on the VSA Cluster
|Prerequisites:||Attendance at one of these VMware vSphere 5.0 courses:
• Install, Configure, Manage
• Fast Track
• What’s New
Or equivalent vSphere 5.0 administration experience