VMware Certified Professional 4 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP4-DCV)
As the demand for IT professionals with data center virtualization skills increases, it is essential to distinguish yourself in the market with a certification that validates your technical capabilities. Earning your VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization certification does just that.
This industry-recognized certification requires completion of a VMware-authorized training course and hands-on experience with VMware technologies. VCP-DCV certification confirms that you have the education needed to successfully install, deploy, scale and manage VMware vSphere environments, as well as the skills obtained by a minimum of six months experience with VMware infrastructure technologies.
- Recognition of your technical knowledge and skills
- Official transcripts
- Use of VCP4-DCV logo
- Access to the exclusive VCP portal & logo merchandise store
- Invitation to beta exams and classes
- Discounted admission to VMware events
- Complimentary license of VMware Workstation
- Greater opportunities for career advancement
Get VCP4-DCV Certified
Earning VCP4-DCV certification requires that you complete three core validation components:
- Attend one of the required VMware authorized courses listed below.
- Gain hands-on experience with VMware vSphere V4.
- Pass the VCP4-DCV Exam.
Required Training Courses
You must attend one of these VMware authorized courses to earn VCP4-DCV certification.
- VMware vSphere: Advanced Fast Track [V4.x]
- VMware vSphere: Automation Fast Track [V4.1]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.1]
(The 4-day version of this course VMware vSphere: Install Configure, Manage [V4] taken before December 31, 2010 still meets requirements.)
- VMware vSphere: Bootcamp [V41]
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V4.x]
- VMware vSphere: What's New [V4]
(This instructor-led course fulfills the course requirement only for candidates who have already completed VCP3 coursework or upgrading from VCP3 to VCP4-DV. The self-paced course does not meet the certification requirements.)
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V4]
(This course taken before December 31, 2010 still meets requirements.)