VMware Certified Professional 4 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP4-DCV)
Note: As of May 31, 2014 this exam is no longer offered.
As the demand for IT professionals with data center virtualization skills increases, it is essential to distinguish yourself in the market with a certification that validates your technical capabilities. Earning your VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization certification does just that.
This industry-recognized certification requires completion of a VMware-authorized training course and hands-on experience with VMware technologies. VCP-DCV certification confirms that you have the education needed to successfully install, deploy, scale and manage VMware vSphere environments, as well as the skills obtained by a minimum of six months experience with VMware infrastructure technologies.
- Recognition of your technical knowledge and skills
- Official transcripts
- Use of VCP4-DCV logo
- Access to the exclusive VCP portal & logo merchandise store
- Invitation to beta exams and classes
- Discounted admission to VMware events
- Complimentary license of VMware Workstation
- Greater opportunities for career advancement
Prepare for the Exam
Get VCP4-DCV Certified
Earning VCP4-DCV certification requires that you complete three core validation components:
- Attend one of the required VMware authorized courses listed below.
- Gain hands-on experience with VMware vSphere V4.
- Pass the VCP4-DCV Exam.
Required Training Courses
You must attend one of these VMware authorized courses to earn VCP4-DCV certification.
- VMware vSphere: Advanced Fast Track [V4.x]
- VMware vSphere: Automation Fast Track [V4.1]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.1]
(The 4-day version of this course VMware vSphere: Install Configure, Manage [V4] taken before December 31, 2010 still meets requirements.)
- VMware vSphere: Bootcamp [V41]
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V4.x]
- VMware vSphere: What's New [V4]
(This instructor-led course fulfills the course requirement only for candidates who have already completed VCP3 coursework or upgrading from VCP3 to VCP4-DV. The self-paced course does not meet the certification requirements.)
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V4]
(This course taken before December 31, 2010 still meets requirements.)