VMware Certified Advanced Professional - Cloud Infrastructure Design (VCAP-CID)
Earning VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Cloud Infrastructure Design (VCAP-CID) certification shows that you have continued to enhance your cloud skills, and gives you a new, industry-recognized credential for your list of accomplishments.
VCAP-CID certification verifies that you can define goals for your cloud infrastructure architecture, analyze elements of the framework, and make design decisions that ensure the proper physical and virtual components exist in the design. Achieving VCAP-CID status shows that you have skills with Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Design, Security and Availability Design, Extended Cloud Design, Metering and Compliance, and vApp Design.
- Recognition of your technical knowledge and skills
- Official transcripts
- Use of VCAP-CID logo
- Access to the exclusive VCAP portal & logo merchandise store
- Invitation to beta exams and classes
- Discounts from VMware Press
- Discounted admission to VMware events
- Greater opportunities for career advancement
Prepare for the Exam
Get VCAP-CID Certified
To achieve VCAP-CID status, you must complete two core components:
- Have one of the following certifications:
- VMware Certified Professional – Cloud (VCP-Cloud)
- VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
- VMware Certified Professional 5 – Desktop (VCP5-DT)
- Pass the VCAP-CID Exam
Note: If you do not already have VCP-Cloud certification, upon passing the VCAP-CID Exam, you will be granted the VCP-Cloud certification as well.
The following VMware course is recommended to help you prepare for the VCAP-CID exam, but is not required: