VMware Certified Design Expert 5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCDX5-DCV)
VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) is the highest level of VMware certification. This elite group is comprised of design architects highly-skilled in VMware enterprise deployments and the program is designed for veteran professionals who want to validate and demonstrate their expertise in VMware technology.
VCDX5-DCV certification is achieved through the unique design defense process, where all candidates must submit and successfully defend a production-ready VMware Solution before a panel of veteran VCDX-DCV holders. This process ensures that those who achieve VCDX status are peer-vetted and ready to join an elite group of world-class consulting architects.
- Recognition of your technical knowledge and skills
- Official transcripts
- Use of VMware Certified Design Expert logo
- Access to the exclusive VCDX portal & logo merchandise store
- Invitation to beta exams and classes
- Discounted admission to VMware events
- VCDX logo wear
- Press release support
- Bio featured in the VCDX Directory
- Greater opportunities for career advancement
Get VCDX5-DCV Certified
Upgrade from VCDX4-DCV
If you already hold VCDX4-DCV certification, you can upgrade to VCDX5-DCV certification without redoing the Design Defense process.
- Be a current VCDX4-DCV holder in good standing
- Pass the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 - Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD) exam
Become a VCDX5-DCV
- Hold VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 - Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) and VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 - Design (VCAP5-DCD) Certification
- Submit a VCDX5-DCV Application that is accepted
- Successfully present and defend a VMware vSphere based virtual infrastructure design and implementation plan (see defense dates below)
VCDX5-DCV Defense Dates
- 10-13 February 2014 - VMware Partner Exchange 2014, San Francisco, CA, USA
Applications are due by 20 December 2013 - Register here
- 7-9 April 2014 – Frimley, UK and Sydney, Australia
Applications are due by 2 February 2014
- 7-9 July 2014 – Cambridge, MA, USA; Frankfurt, Germany; and Singapore
Applications are due by 9 May 2014
- 6-8 October 2014 – Palo Alto, CA, USA; Frimley, UK; and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Applications are due 8 August 2014
All Questions regarding the 2014 VCDX Design Defense Schedule will be answered in this forum.
The following VMware courses are recommended for VCDX5-DCV preparation but are not required: