VMware Certified Design Expert 5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCDX5-DCV)
VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) is the highest level of VMware certification. This elite group is comprised of design architects highly-skilled in VMware enterprise deployments and the program is designed for veteran professionals who want to validate and demonstrate their expertise in VMware technology.
VCDX5-DCV certification is achieved through the unique design defense process, where all candidates must submit and successfully defend a production-ready VMware Solution before a panel of veteran VCDX-DCV holders. This process ensures that those who achieve VCDX status are peer-vetted and ready to join an elite group of world-class consulting architects.
- Recognition of your technical knowledge and skills
- Official transcripts
- Use of VMware Certified Design Expert logo
- Access to the exclusive VCDX portal & logo merchandise store
- Invitation to beta exams and classes
- Discounts from VMware Press
- Discounted admission to VMware events
- VCDX logo wear
- Press release support
- Bio featured in the VCDX Directory
- Greater opportunities for career advancement
Prepare for the Exam
Get VCDX5-DCV Certified
Upgrade from VCDX4-DCV
If you already hold VCDX4-DCV certification, you can upgrade to VCDX5-DCV certification without redoing the Design Defense process.
- Be a current VCDX4-DCV holder in good standing
- Pass the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 - Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD) exam
Become a VCDX5-DCV
- Hold VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 - Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) and VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 - Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD) Certification
- Submit a VCDX5-DCV Application that is accepted
- Successfully present and defend a VMware vSphere based virtual infrastructure design and implementation plan (see defense dates below)
VCDX5-DCV Defense Dates
- 6-8 October 2014 – Palo Alto, CA, USA; Frimley, UK; and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Applications are due 8 August 2014
Register to defend at Palo Alto, CA, USA, Frimley, UK OR at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
All Questions regarding the 2014 VCDX Design Defense Schedule will be answered in this forum.
The following VMware courses are recommended for VCDX5-DCV preparation but are not required: