VMware Certified Design Expert – Cloud (VCDX-Cloud)
VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) is the highest level of certification offered by VMware. The VCDX Program allows candidates to validate enterprise-class skills in VMware Solution design and implementation.
VCDX-Cloud requires enterprise-class vSphere and data center virtualization skills but the focus is on adding the VMware vCloud Suite, building out the software-defined-data center, and delivering Infrastructure-as-a-Service with comprehensive management and security.
Earning the new VCDX–Cloud certification from VMware will validate your world-class vSphere and Cloud Infrastructure design skills, and will make you one of the first globally-recognized enterprise-class Cloud Architects in the industry.
- Recognition of your technical knowledge and skills
- Official transcripts
- Use of VMware Certified Design Expert - Cloud logo
- Access to the exclusive VCDX portal & logo merchandise store
- Invitation to beta exams and classes
- Discounts from VMware Press
- Discounted admission to VMware events
- VCDX logo wear
- Press release support
- Bio featured in the VCDX Directory
- Greater opportunities for career advancement
Prepare for the Exam
Get VCDX-Cloud Certified
VCDX certification is achieved through a unique, process where all candidates must submit and successfully defend a production-ready VMware Solution before a panel of veteran VCDX-holders. This unique testing process ensures that those who achieve VCDX are peer-vetted and ready to join an elite group of world-class consulting architects.
The VCDX-Cloud Application & Handbook contains all information required to apply for and participate in the VCDX-Cloud Program.
Become a VCDX-Cloud
- Hold the following VCAP level certifications:
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Cloud Infrastructure Administration (VCAP-CIA)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Cloud Infrastructure Design (VCAP-CID)
- Submit an application which includes:
- a production-ready VMware vCloud Suite-based Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) design as described in the Blueprint
- the business drivers which shaped the design
- documentation required to support its successful implementation
Path for current VCDX5-DCV to earn VCDX-Cloud
Current VCDX5-DCVs can earn VCDX-Cloud certification by completing the following steps:
- Earn both VCAP-CIA and VCAP-CID certifications
- Submit a successful VCDX-Cloud application
Note: Current VCDX-DCVs do NOT have to defend their design to be certified as VCDX-Cloud.
VCDX-Cloud Defense Dates
- 6-8 October 2014 – Palo Alto, CA, USA; Frimley, UK; and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Applications are due 8 August 2014
Register to defend at Palo Alto, CA, USA, Frimley, UK OR at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
All Questions regarding the 2014 VCDX Design Defense Schedule will be answered in this forum.
The following VMware course is recommended to help you prepare for the VCDX-Cloud Program, but is not required: