VMware Certified Design Expert - Desktop (VCDX-DT)
VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) is the highest level of certification offered by VMware. The VCDX Program allows candidates to validate enterprise-class skills in VMware Solution design and implementation. Certification is achieved through the Design Defense where all candidates must submit and successfully defend a production-ready VMware Solution before a panel of veteran VCDX-holders. This unique testing process ensures that those who achieve VCDX are peer-vetted and ready to join an elite group of world-class consulting architects.
VCDX-DT requires enterprise-class vSphere and data center virtualization skills but the focus is on delivering virtual desktops with VMware View solutions and building out the infrastructure to deliver the next generation of end user computing services from the cloud.
Earning the new VCDX–DT certification from VMware will validate your world-class vSphere and VMware View design skills, and will make you one of the first globally-recognized enterprise-class Virtual Desktop Architects in the industry.
- Recognition of your technical knowledge and skills
- Official transcripts
- Use of VMware Certified Design Expert logo
- Access to the exclusive VCDX portal & logo merchandise store
- Invitation to beta exams and classes
- Discounted admission to VMware events
- VCDX logo wear
- Press release support
- Bio featured in the VCDX Directory
- Greater opportunities for career advancement
Get VCDX-DT Certified
The VCDX–DT Program follows the same two-step process as VCDX-DCV.
- The first step is the application submission. For VCDX-DT, your application must include:
- a production-ready VMware View-based design for desktop virtualization
- the business drivers which shaped the design
- documentation required to support its successful implementation
The VCDX-DT Application & Handbook contains all information required to apply for and participate in the VCDX-DT Program.
Before you submit your application, you must have at least one of these VCP level certifications:
- VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
- VMware Certified Professional – Cloud (VCP-Cloud)
- VMware Certified Professional – Desktop (VCP-DT)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Desktop Design (VCAP-DTD)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Desktop Administration (VCAP-DTA)
Note for current VCDX-DCVs:|
There will be a path for current VCDX-DCVs to migrate to the VCDX-DT program, however details of this have not yet been released. Stay tuned to this page and the VCDX forum for updates.