VMware Certified Design Expert - Desktop (VCDX-DT)
VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) is the highest level of certification offered by VMware. The VCDX certification allows you to highlight your enterprise-class skills in VMware Solution design and implementation.
VCDX-DT requires enterprise-class vSphere and data center virtualization skills but the focus is on delivering virtual desktops and mobile computing solutions with the VMware Horizon Suite™ and building out the infrastructure to deliver a consistent, rich end-user experience across multiple devices.
Earning the new VCDX–DT certification from VMware will validate your world-class vSphere and VMware Horizon Suite design skills, and will make you one of the first globally-recognized enterprise-class Virtual Desktop and Mobile Computing Solution Architects in the industry.
- Recognition of your technical knowledge and skills
- Official transcripts
- Use of VMware Certified Design Expert logo
- Access to the exclusive VCDX portal & logo merchandise store
- Invitation to beta exams and classes
- Discounts from VMware Press
- Discounted admission to VMware events
- VCDX logo wear
- Press release support
- Bio featured in the VCDX Directory
- Greater opportunities for career advancement
Prepare for the Exam
Get VCDX-DT Certified
The VCDX-DT Handbook & Application contains all information required to apply for and participate in the VCDX-DT Program.
The VCDX–DT Program follows the same two-step process as VCDX-DCV.
- The first step is the application submission. For VCDX-DT, your application must include:
- a production-ready VMware View-based design for desktop virtualization
- the business drivers which shaped the design
- documentation required to support its successful implementation
- Note: Current VCDXs do NOT have to defend their design to be certified as VCDX-Desktop.
Before you submit your application, you must have both of the following VCAP level certifications:
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Desktop Design (VCAP-DTD)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Desktop Administration (VCAP-DTA)
VCDX-DT Defense Dates
- 7-9 April 2014 – Frimley, UK and Sydney, Australia
Registration is now closed.
- 7-9 July 2014 – Cambridge, MA, USA; Frankfurt, Germany; and Singapore
Applications are due by 9 May 2014
Register to defend at Cambridge, MA, USA, Frankfurt, Germany OR at Singapore.
- 6-8 October 2014 – Palo Alto, CA, USA; Frimley, UK; and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Applications are due 8 August 2014
Register to defend at Palo Alto, CA, USA, Frimley, UK OR at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
All Questions regarding the 2014 VCDX Design Defense Schedule will be answered in this forum.
The following VMware courses are recommended to help you prepare for the VCDX-DT Program, but are not required: