Three Available VCP5-DCV Exams
There are three exams associated with the VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) Certification. Select the appropriate exam for your situation based on the information below and within the exam blueprint.
If you do not hold a current VCP certification, passing either the VCP550 or VCP510 exam will earn VCP5-DCV certification if you have successfully completed an approved qualifying course.
If you are already VCP certified, passing either the VCP550 or VCP550D will recertify you.
vSphere 5.5 Based Exam – Exam Code VCP550
vSphere 5.0/5.1 Based Exam – Exam Code VCP510
vSphere 5.5 Delta Exam – Exam Code VCP550D
Attendance at one of these courses, in combination with passing either the VCP510 or VCP550 exam, is required to earn VCP5-DCV certification.
The following courses are appropriate for general candidates.
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]
The following courses are only recommended for candidates who have significant experience with VMware vSphere 5.x technology and a high level of comfort with the exam objectives.
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting Workshop [V5.1]
- vSphere with Operations Management: Fast Track
The following courses fulfill the course requirement only for candidates who have already achieved the VCP4-DCV certification or have attended a VCP4-DCV qualifying class.