Three Available VCP5-DCV Exams
There are two exams associated with the VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) Certification. Select the appropriate exam for your situation based on the information below and within the exam blueprint.
If you do not hold a current VCP certification, passing either the VCP550 or VCP510 exam will earn VCP5-DCV certification if you have successfully completed an approved qualifying course.
If you are already VCP certified, passing the VCP550 will recertify you.
If you are already VCP certified, passing either the VCP550 or VCP550D will recertify you.
vSphere 5.5 Based Exam – Exam Code VCP550
vSphere 5.0/5.1 Based Exam – Exam Code VCP510
vSphere 5.5 Delta Exam – Exam Code VCP550D
Attendance at one of these courses, in combination with passing either the VCP510 or VCP550 exam, is required to earn VCP5-DCV certification.
The following courses are appropriate for general candidates.
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]
The following courses are only recommended for candidates who have significant experience with VMware vSphere 5.x technology and a high level of comfort with the exam objectives.
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting Workshop [V5.1]
- vSphere with Operations Management: Fast Track
The following courses fulfill the course requirement only for candidates who have already achieved the VCP4-DCV certification or have attended a VCP4-DCV qualifying class.