VMware View: Fundamentals [V5.0]
- Format: Self-Paced
- Length: 4 Hours
This free eLearning course covers the main features and components in the VMware View solution and how to install and configure VMware View.
|Objectives:||After this course, students should be able to:
• Diagram the View architecture.
• Discuss the key benefits and features of View.
• List common View use cases.
• List and explain the View components.
• List the main View deployment steps.
• Describe the main tasks for setting up and preparing Active Directory for a View deployment.
• Explain the View Composer requirements and installation steps.
• Discuss the View Connection Server requirements and installation steps.
• Outline the process for how to configure View Manager.
• Describe the tasks for installing a View Security Server.
• List the tasks for installing a View Transfer Server.
• Explain how View Persona Management is used.
• Outline the process for creating and installing a View event database.
• Outline the process and choices to set up vCenter Server managed desktops.
• Compare remote display protocol options:
PCoIP protocol considerations.
• Describe the purpose of the View Agent.
• List the steps to prepare the virtual desktop before installing View Agent.
• Outline the steps necessary to set up an automated pool that uses linked clones.
• Describe the process for creating and entitling a linked clone desktop pool.
• Discuss how to install and configure View Client.
• Describe how View is implemented on Thin Clients.
• Explain the importance of virtual printing.
• List the steps for implementing a View with Local Mode desktop deployment.
• Demonstrate how to log in and navigate in the View Administrator interface.
• Describe how information in the Users and Groups page can be used to control and monitor View users.
• List the steps to create an automated pool.
• Discuss the purpose of roles and privileges in View and how they are administered in View Administrator.
• Outline the steps for using the ThinApp assignment feature to deploy ThinApp applications to View desktops.
|Intended Audience:||VMware customers seeking to gain proficiency in VMware View 5.0.|
|Outline:||The course consists of five modules:
1. Introduction to VMware View discusses the View architecture, key benefits and features, and the View Manager components.
2. Installing and Configuring View Components describes how to install View Composer, how to install and configure View Connection Server, the steps for installing and configuring a View Security Server, how to install and configure a View Transfer Server, provides an overview of configuring View User Profiles with View Persona Management, and explains how to create and configure a View events database.
3. VMware View Desktops describes the tasks for preparing virtual desktops before installing View Agent and how to install View Agent. In addition, you will learn the steps to prepare virtual machines for a linked-clone deployment.
4. VMware View Client Options describes how to install and configure VMware View Client, how to configure View for use on Thin Clients, how to set up and configure virtual printing, and how to set up and configure View Client with Local Mode.
5. Working with View Administrator covers how to log in and navigate the View Administrator interface, how to manage users and groups, how to use the Add Pool wizard to create automated pools, how to use role-based administration, and how to use the ThinApp assignment feature to deploy ThinApp applications to View desktops.