VMware View: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
- Formats: Classroom, Live Online, vFlex-ILT
- Length: 4 Days
This hands-on training course builds your skills in the VMware® View™ suite of products: VMware View Manager, View Composer, and VMware ThinApp®. This course is based on the View 5.1 and ThinApp 4.7 releases.
Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
• Create a template in VMware vCenter Server™ and deploy a virtual machine from the template.
• Modify a template customization file.
• Open a virtual machine console in vCenter Server and access the guest operating system.
• Configure Active Directory services.
|Objectives:||By the end of the course, you should understand the features and operation of View and be able to do the following:
• Install and configure View components.
• Create and manage dedicated and floating desktop pools.
• Deploy and manage linked-clone virtual desktops.
• Configure and manage desktops that run in local mode.
• Configure user profiles with View Persona Management.
• Configure secure access to desktops through a public network.
• Use ThinApp to package applications.
|Intended Audience:||System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the VMware® virtual desktop infrastructure|
• Experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration
• Experience with VMware vSphere®
• Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
|Outline:||1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Introduction to VMware View
• View features and components
3 View Connection Server
• Installation and configuration
4 View Desktops
• View Agent
• PCoIP and Remote Desktop Protocol remote display protocols
• USB redirection and multimedia redirection
5 View Client Options
• View Client
• View Client with Local Mode
• Thin clients and zero clients
• Virtual Printing with View Client
6 View Administrator
• Configuring the View environment
• Managing users, sessions, and policies
• Configuring and provisioning automated pools of desktops
• Role-based delegated administration
• Monitoring the View environment
7 Configuring and Managing Linked Clones
• View Composer operations
• Deploying and provisioning linked-clone desktops
• Managing linked-clone desktops
• Managing persistent disks
8 Local-Mode Desktops
• Configuring local-mode desktops
• View Transfer Server and the Transfer Server repository
• Local-mode operations
9 Managing View Security
• Network configuration and authentication options
• Configuring the View security server
10 View Persona Management
• Configuring user profiles with View Persona Management
• View Persona Management and Windows roaming profiles
• Configuring a View Persona Management deployment
• Best practices for a View Persona Management deployment
11 Command-Line Tools and Backup Options
• vdmadmin utility
• Client systems in kiosk mode
• Backing up the View databases
• Restoring the View databases
12 View Connection Server Performance and Scalability
• Replica connection servers
• Performance considerations and load balancing
13 VMware ThinApp
• Using ThinApp to capture applications
• Deploying and updating ThinApp packages
• Virtualizing Internet Explorer 6 for use on a Windows 7 system
• Managing ThinApp applications in View