VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager Fundamentals [V5.1]
- Format: Self-Paced
- Length: 3 Hours
The SRM Essentials free eLearning course equips experienced VMware vSphere administrators with the knowledge to install, configure, and manage VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.1. This elearning also equips vSphere administrators with the knowledge to assist in disaster planning and test disaster recovery plans with SRM. This course introduces different storage replication options and focuses on vSphere Replication.
|Objectives:||After completing the course, you should be able to:
• Install SRM 5.1
• Connect the sites
• Configure inventory mappings in SRM
• Configure placeholder datastores
• Configure datastore mappings
• Configure vSphere Replication-based protection groups in SRM
• Create, edit, execute, test, and remove a recovery plan in SRM
• Discuss reprotect and failback
• Describe SRM alarms
• List administrative tasks
|Outline:||The course consists of three modules:
• Introduction to VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) provides an overview of the challenges that organizations face when a disaster occurs, and how SRM acts as the best disaster recovery product. This module also discusses the benefits that organizations can realize by utilizing the new features that SRM 5.1 provides.
• Setting up Protection is the second module, that demonstrates how to install VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager and set up the protected site. This module discusses how to prepare for an SRM deployment; install SRM; configure SRM; configure vSphere Replication; and create protection groups.
• Managing Disaster Recovery is the last module that demonstrates how to create, configure, test, and run disaster recovery plans. This module discusses features that are new in version SRM 5.0 and later, such as reprotection and automated failback. Finally, this module also discusses SRM alarms and some administrative tasks.