- Length: 4 Days
This hands-on training course builds your skills in the VMware® Horizon View™ suite of products: VMware® View Manager™, VMware® View Composer™, and VMware® ThinApp®. This course is based on the Horizon View 5.2 and ThinApp 4.7 releases.
Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
• Create a template in VMware® vCenter Server™ and deploy a virtual machine
from the template.
• Modify a template customization file.
• Open a virtual machine console in vCenter Server and access the guest operating system.
• Configure Active Directory services.
This course fully meets the requirements for the VCP5-DT
This course is also available in an On Demand format. For more information, select this link: VMware Horizon View: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.2] - On Demand
||• Install and configure Horizon View components.
• Create and manage dedicated and floating desktop pools.
• Deploy and manage linked-clone virtual desktops.
• Configure and manage desktops that run in local mode.
• Configure user profiles with View Persona Management.
• Configure secure access to desktops through a public network.
• Use ThinApp to package applications.
• Entitle applications by using Horizon View.
||System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the VMware® virtual desktop infrastructure
• Experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration
• Experience with VMware® vSphere®
• Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Introduction to VMware Horizon View
- Introduce View features and components
- View Connection Server
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- VMware Horizon View Desktops
- Introduce View Agent
- Describe PCoIP and Remote Desktop Protocol remote display protocols
- Explain USB redirection and multimedia redirection
- VMware View Client Options
- Introduce VMware® View™ Client
- Introduce VMware® View™ Client with Local Mode
- Describe HTML clients, thin clients, and zero clients
- Introduce Virtual Printing with View Client
- View Administrator
- Configure the Horizon View environment
- Manage users, sessions, and policies
- Configure and provision automated pools of desktops
- Explain role-based delegated administration
- Monitor the Horizon View environment
- Configuring and Managing Linked Clones
- Introduce View Composer operations
- Deploy and provision linked-clone desktops
- Manage linked-clone desktops
- Manage persistent disks
- Local-Mode Desktops
- Configure local-mode desktops
- Describe View Transfer Server and the Transfer Server repository
- Describe local-mode operations
- Managing VMware Horizon View Security
- Describe network configuration and authentication options
- Configure the Horizon View security server
- View Persona Management
- Configure user profiles with View Persona Management
- Describe View Persona Management and Windows roaming profiles
- Configure a View Persona Management deployment
- Describe best practices for a View Persona Management deployment
- Command-Line Tools and Backup Options
- Introduce vdmadmin utility
- Describe client systems in kiosk mode
- Back up the Horizon View databases
- Restore the Horizon View databases
- View Connection Server Performance and Scalability
- Describe replica connection servers
- Explain performance considerations and load balancing
- VMware Horizon Application Manager
- Ensure that VMware® Horizon Application Manager™ is working
- Introduce Application Manager components
- Describe single sign-on from Horizon View to Horizon View desktops
- Enable browser access to Horizon View desktops through Horizon View
- Entitle applications by using Horizon View
- VMware ThinApp
- Use ThinApp to capture applications
- Deploy and update ThinApp packages
- Virtualize Internet Explorer 6 for use on a Windows 7 system
- Manage ThinApp applications in Horizon View