VMware Horizon View: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.2]
- Formats: Classroom, Lab, Live Online, Onsite
- Length: 4 Days
This hands-on training course builds your skills in the VMware® Horizon View™ suite of products: VMware® View Manager™, VMware® View Composer™, and VMware® ThinApp®. This course is based on the Horizon View 5.2 and ThinApp 4.7 releases.
Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
• Create a template in VMware® vCenter Server™ and deploy a virtual machine from the template.
• Modify a template customization file.
• Open a virtual machine console in vCenter Server and access the guest operating system.
• Configure Active Directory services.
This course fully meets the requirements for the VCP5-DT certification.
This course is also available as On Demand Classroom.
|Objectives:||• Install and configure Horizon View components.
• Create and manage dedicated and floating desktop pools.
• Deploy and manage linked-clone virtual desktops.
• Configure and manage desktops that run in local mode.
• Configure user profiles with View Persona Management.
• Configure secure access to desktops through a public network.
• Use ThinApp to package applications.
• Entitle applications by using Horizon View.
|Intended Audience:||System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the VMware® virtual desktop infrastructure|
• Experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration
• Experience with VMware® vSphere®
• Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
|Outline:||1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Introduction to VMware Horizon View
• Introduce View features and components
3 View Connection Server
• Install and configure View Connection Server
4 VMware Horizon View Desktops
• Introduce View Agent
• Describe PCoIP and Remote Desktop Protocol remote display protocols
• Explain USB redirection and multimedia redirection
5 VMware View Client Options
• Introduce VMware® View™ Client
• Introduce VMware® View™ Client with Local Mode
• Describe HTML clients, thin clients, and zero clients
• Introduce Virtual Printing with View Client
6 View Administrator
• Configure the Horizon View environment
• Manage users, sessions, and policies
• Configure and provision automated pools of desktops
• Explain role-based delegated administration
• Monitor the Horizon View environment
7 Configuring and Managing Linked Clones
• Introduce View Composer operations
• Deploy and provision linked-clone desktops
• Manage linked-clone desktops
• Manage persistent disks
8 Local-Mode Desktops
• Configure local-mode desktops
• Describe View Transfer Server and the Transfer Server repository
• Describe local-mode operations
9 Managing VMware Horizon View Security
• Describe network configuration and authentication options
• Configure the Horizon View security server
10 View Persona Management
• Configure user profiles with View Persona Management
• Describe View Persona Management and Windows roaming profiles
• Configure a View Persona Management deployment
• Describe best practices for a View Persona Management deployment
11 Command-Line Tools and Backup Options
• Introduce vdmadmin utility
• Describe client systems in kiosk mode
• Back up the Horizon View databases
• Restore the Horizon View databases
12 View Connection Server Performance and Scalability
• Describe replica connection servers
• Explain performance considerations and load balancing
13 VMware Horizon Application Manager
• Ensure that VMware® Horizon Application Manager™ is working
• Introduce Application Manager components
• Describe single sign-on from Horizon View to Horizon View desktops
• Enable browser access to Horizon View desktops through Horizon View
• Entitle applications by using Horizon View
14 VMware ThinApp
• Use ThinApp to capture applications
• Deploy and update ThinApp packages
• Virtualize Internet Explorer 6 for use on a Windows 7 system
• Manage ThinApp applications in Horizon View