Application Virtualization with VMware ThinApp [V5.0]
- Formats: Classroom, Live Online, Onsite
- Length: 1 Days
This course will provide applications-oriented administrators with the knowledge and skills to virtualize Windows applications with VMware® ThinApp®, modify the Package.ini parameters to handle special circumstances, and choose the best deployment and updating processes for their environment.
Students who complete this course can enroll in any of several more advanced VMware vSphere® courses. For advanced course options, go to http://www.vmware.com/education.
|Objectives:||• Understand how an application is virtualized by ThinApp
• Describe the major components of the ThinApp architecture
• Set up the environment for capturing an application
• Use the ThinApp Setup capture wizard to package an application
• Deploy an application packaged using ThinApp
• Modify Package.ini parameters to increase the variety and complexity of applications that can be virtualized
• Use Application Link to dynamically link application components like Microsoft .NET to multiple applications
• Update applications using Application Sync and other methods
• Use ThinDirect to redirect URLs with application dependencies to their preferred browser
• Troubleshoot problems with ThinApp packages
|Intended Audience:||Experienced system administrators and system integrators willing to work hard to achieve superior vSphere skills with minimal time away from the office|
|Prerequisites:||• Have a basic understanding of virtualization concepts
• Completion of the VMware Horizon View: Install, Configure, Manage course or the VMware ThinApp
Fundamentals eLearning course.