Horizon (With View) Fundamentals [V6.0]
Self-Paced (4 Hours)
This e-learning course covers the main features and components in the View solution and how to install and configure View.
|Objectives:||After completing the course, you should be able to:
• Diagram the View architecture.
• Discuss the key benefits and features of View.
• List common View use cases.
• List and explain the View components.
• List the main View deployment steps.
• Explain the View Composer requirements and installation steps.
• Discuss the View Connection Server requirements and installation steps.
• Outline the process for configuring the View Connection Server.
• Describe the tasks for installing a View Security Server.
• Explain how View Persona Management is used.
• Outline the process for creating and installing a View event database
• Outline the process and choices to set up vCenter Server managed desktops
• Compare PCoIP and RDP remote display protocol options.
• Describe the purpose of the View Agent
• List the steps to prepare the virtual desktop before installing View Agent.
• Outline the steps necessary to set up an automated pool that uses linked clones.
• Describe the process for creating and entitling a linked clone desktop pool.
• Discuss how to install and configure View Client.
• Describe how View is implemented on Thin Clients.
• Explain the importance of virtual printing.
• Demonstrate how to log in and navigate in the View Administrator interface.
• Describe how information in the Users and Groups page can be used to control and monitor View users.
• Create an automated pool.
• List the steps to set up RDS hosts
• List the steps for using creating application pools.
|Outline:||The course consists of five modules:
• Introduction to View discusses the View architecture and key benefits and features of the View solution
• Installing and Configuring View Components describes the main steps for deploying View, how to install View Composer and how to install and configure View Manager, how to install and configure a View Security Server and a View Transfer Server, and provides an overview of configuring View Persona Management.
• View Desktops explains the steps for configuring virtual machines as desktops, the tasks for preparing virtual desktops before installing View Agent, how to install View Agent, the steps to prepare virtual machines for a linked-clone deployment, and how to deploy a linked-clone automated desktop pool using the Add Pool wizard in View Administrator.
• Horizon Client Options describes how to install and configure Horizon Client, how to configure View for use on Thin Clients, and how to set up and configure virtual printing.
• Working with View Administrator covers how to how to log in and navigate the View Administrator interface, how to manage users and groups, how to use the Add Pool wizard to create automated pools, how to use role-based administration, the steps to set up RDS hosts, and how to create application pools.