VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.0] - On Demand
Lab (30 Days)
This comprehensive, fast-paced training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX™. This course covers NSX as a part of the software-defined data center platform, implementation use cases along with features of NSX, and functionality operating at Layer 2 through Layer 7 of the OSI model. Lecture and hands-on lab activities support the student’s understanding of VMware NSX features, functionality, and on-going management and control.
For advanced course options, go to www.vmware.com/education.
This course is also available in an ILT format. For more information, select this link: VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.0].
|Objectives:||• Describe the evolution of the software-defined data center
• Describe how NSX is the next step in the evolution of the software-defined data center
• Describe data center prerequisites for NSX deployment
• Configure and deploy NSX components for management and control
• Describe basic NSX layer 2 networking
• Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
• Configure and deploy NSX distributed router appliances to establish East-West connectivity
• Configure and deploy VMware NSX Edge™ services gateway appliances to establish North-South
• Configure and use all main features of the NSX Edge services gateway
• Configure NSX Edge firewall rules to restrict network traffic
• Configure NSX distributed firewall rules to restrict network traffic
• Use role-based access to control user account privileges
• Use activity monitoring to determine whether a security policy is effective
• Configure service composer policies
|Intended Audience:||Experienced system administrators that specialize in networking|
|Prerequisites:||• System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for