VMware Horizon 7: Design Workshop [V7]
This class has been cancelled.
vFlex-ILT (3 Days)
(GMT-05:00) Central Daylight Time (America/Chicago)
“**PLEASE NOTE: VIRTUAL/REMOTE STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN HEADSET AND WEBCAM FOR THIS COURSE** This class is delivered using electronic books ONLY - you will be contacted 3 days before the class starts with instructions on how to set up an eBook account and redeem the eBook for this class. For In-Classroom students, the training location has a 23" monitor which will allow you to access our labs and access the Lecture/Lab Guides at the same time. For Remote Students, you will either need one of the following to complete this course: one 23" monitor, two smaller monitors, an android tablet or an IOS tablet in order to see the manual and execute the lab. No printed material will be provided with this class. You will receive a redemption code with instructions on how to download the eBook no later than 3 days before the class is scheduled to start. Please ensure this is complete before the class starts."
During enrollment, the student will need to select one of the following sections.
Facilities of MicroTek - Dallas
5430 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy
Three Lincoln Center, Suite 300Dallas, TX, United States 75240
This three-day course presents a methodology for designing a VMware Horizon® solution. The design methodology includes recommendations for the type of information and data that must be gathered and analyzed to make sound design decisions for client systems, desktop options, VMware vSphere® infrastructure, and VMware Horizon components. VMware best practices are presented for each phase of the design process. In this course, you apply your new knowledge by working with other participants to design a VMware Horizon solution for a real-world project.
• VMware Horizon 7.x
|Objectives:||By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Assess the business and application requirements of an environment
• Analyze design choices and design an infrastructure architecture for end-user computing that addresses
the needs of the environment
• Design a VMware Horizon infrastructure architecture that addresses the needs of the organization and
follows VMware best practices
• Document a design that can be implemented
• Design a comprehensive VMware Horizon solution
This course prepares you for the following certification:
• VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Desktop and Mobility Design (VCAP7-DTM Design)
|Intended Audience:||Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing VMware Horizon solutions|
|Prerequisites:||This course recommends the following skills and knowledge:
• Virtualized desktop implementation experience
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] course or
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course