VMware vSphere: Design Workshop [V6.5]
Registration for this class is closed..
vFlex-ILT (3 Days)
(GMT-05:00) Central Daylight Time (America/Chicago)
“**PLEASE NOTE: VIRTUAL/REMOTE STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN HEADSET AND WEBCAM FOR THIS COURSE** This class is delivered using electronic books ONLY - you will be contacted 3 days before the class starts with instructions on how to set up an eBook account and redeem the eBook for this class. For In-Classroom students, the training location has a 23" monitor which will allow you to access our labs and access the Lecture/Lab Guides at the same time. For Remote Students, you will either need one of the following to complete this course: one 23" monitor, two smaller monitors, an android tablet or an IOS tablet in order to see the manual and execute the lab. No printed material will be provided with this class. You will receive a redemption code with instructions on how to download the eBook no later than 3 days before the class is scheduled to start. Please ensure this is complete before the class starts.
During enrollment, the student will need to select one of the following sections.
Dallas - Microtek
5430 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway
Three Lincoln Centre, Suite 300Dallas, TX, United States 75240
This three-day training course equips you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to design a VMware vSphere® 6.5 virtual infrastructure. You follow a proven approach to design a virtualization solution that ensures availability, manageability, performance, recoverability, and security, and that uses VMware best practices.
This course discusses the benefits and risks of available design alternatives and provides information to support making sound design decisions.
Given a case study, you practice your design skills by working with peers on a design project.
• VMware ESXi™ 6.5
• VMware vCenter Server® 6.5
|Objectives:||By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Assess the business and application requirements of the current environment
• Apply a framework to a design
• Analyze design choices and best-practice recommendations
• Create a design that ensures availability, manageability, performance, recoverability, and security
• Design the core management infrastructure for an enterprise
• Design the virtual data center for an enterprise
• Design the compute infrastructure for an enterprise
• Design the storage and networking infrastructures for an enterprise
• Design virtual machines to run applications in a vSphere infrastructure
• Design security, management, and recoverability features for an enterprise
This course prepares you for the following certification:
• VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Design (VCAP6-DCV Design)
|Intended Audience:||Experienced system integrators and consultants responsible for designing and deploying vSphere environments|
|Prerequisites:||This course requires completion of the following prerequisites:
• VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5]
• VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.5]