VMware NSX-T Data Center: Migration from NSX Data Center for vSphere
Registration for this class is closed..
Live Online (3 Days)
(GMT+02:00) Central European Summer Time (Europe/Amsterdam)
GUARANTEED TO RUN - PLEASE NOTE: VIRTUAL/REMOTE STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN HEADSET AND WEBCAM FOR THIS COURSE. This class is delivered using electronic books ONLY. No printed material will be provided with this class. You will receive a redemption code with instructions on how to download the eBook no later than 3 days before the class is scheduled to start. Please ensure this is complete before the class starts.
This thee-day, hands-on training course provides you with the skills, techniques, and tools required to successfully migrate your current VMware NSX® Data Center for vSphere® environment to VMware NSX-T™ Data Center.
In this course, you learn to choose between different migration approaches and to perform the type of migration that best suits your current environment. In addition, you are presented with common migration problems and resolutions.
This course is also available in an On Demand format. For more information, select this link: VMware NSX-T Data Center: Migration from NSX Data Center for vSphere - On Demand.
• VMware NSX-T Data Center 3.x
|Objectives:||By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Contrast the NSX-T Data Center architecture with the architecture of NSX Data Center for vSphere
• Understand the networking and security features of NSX-T Data Center
• Compare In-Place and Lift and Shift migration approaches
• Describe the networking topologies supported by the Migration Coordinator
• Perform In-Place migrations using the Migration Coordinator
• Troubleshoot In-Place migrations
• Describe Lift and Shift migration tools and techniques
• Troubleshoot Lift and Shift migrations
|Intended Audience:||• Experienced system administrators and network administrators
• Network and security professionals who work with enterprise and data center networks
|Prerequisites:||Before taking this course, you should have completed the VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage [V3.0] course.
You should also have the following understanding or knowledge:
• Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
• Knowledge and working experience of computer networking, including:
•Switching and routing technologies (L2-L3)
•Network and application delivery services (L4-L7)
• Knowledge of and working experience with VMware vSphere® environments
The VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (2020) certification is recommended.
|Outline:||1 Course Introduction
• Introduction and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Introduction to NSX-T Data Center
• Describe the motivation for migrating to NSX-T Data Center
• Contrast the NSX-T Data Center architecture with the architecture of NSX Data Center for vSphere.
• Describe the logical switching components in NSX-T Data Center
• Describe the components and functions of NSX-T Data Center logical routing
• Describe the security features of NSX-T Data Center
• Explain the implementation of networking services in NSX-T Data Center
3 Migration Techniques
• Describe In-Place migration
• Describe Lift and Shift migration
• Compare migration approaches
• Determine the best migration strategy based on requirements
4 In-Place Migration Topologies
• Identify the NSX Data Center for vSphere topologies supported by the Migration Coordinator
• Explain how network and security objects are translated from NSX Data Center for vSphere to NSX-T Data
5 In-Place Migration Using the Migration Coordinator
• Describe prerequisites for In-Place migration
• Prepare the NSX Data Center for vSphere environment for migration with the Migration Coordinator
• Migrate the NSX Data Center for vSphere environment with the Migration Coordinator
• Perform post-migration tasks
• Describe the vSphere Networking Migration feature
6 Troubleshooting In-Place Migration
• Troubleshoot issues based on the In-Place migration workflow
• Identify log files used in troubleshooting In-Place migration
• Identify and resolve common issues related to the Migration Coordinator
7 Lift and Shift Migration Approaches
• Describe prerequisites for Lift and Shift migrations
• Perform Lift and Shift migrations using L2 bridging
• Perform Lift and Shift migrations using VMware HCX
• Compare migration using L2 Bridging and VMware HCX®
8 Troubleshooting Lift and Shift Migration
• Troubleshoot Lift and Shift migration problems
• Identify log files used in troubleshooting Lift and Shift migrations
• Identify and resolve common issues related to Lift and Shift migrations.