VMware vRealize Hyperic Fundamentals [V5.8]
- Format: Self-Paced
- Length: 2 Hours
Typical datacenters have a diverse ecosystem of applications running on a wide range of web servers, application servers, and database platforms, coexisting with mainframe based applications. Virtualized applications, with virtual machines that are constantly starting, stopping, and reverting to snapshots, adds to the complexity of datacenter operations. In this complex environment, effectively monitoring and managing datacenter resources is very challenging.
VMware® vRealize™ Hyperic® (formally known as VMware® vCenter™ Hyperic®) is a component of the VMware® vRealize™ Operations Management Suite™ (formally known as VMware® vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™). It monitors operating systems, applications, and services running in physical, virtual, and cloud environments. VMware vRealize Hyperic offers the unique ability to automatically discover, inventory, and monitor servers, regardless of type or location, and enables application operations teams to ensure that business-critical applications run without fail.
This eLearning course presents an overview and high-level architecture of VMware vRealize Hyperic , describes the installation process, and demonstrates how VMware vRealize Hyperic can be used to effectively monitor and manage resources.
|Objectives:||At the end of this course, you should be able to perform the following tasks:
• Describe how vRealize Hyperic addresses the challenge of monitoring operating system and application metrics
• Identify how vRealize Hyperic auto-discovers resources
• Describe the vRealize Hyperic server and agent architecture
• Describe communication between the server and agent
• Identify vRealize Hyperic installation requirements
• Describe vRealize Hyperic installation options for the server and agent
• Describe the resource monitoring process
• Define the resource inventory
|Outline:||This course consists of four modules:
• VMware vRealize Hyperic solution overview
• vRealize Hyperic architecture
• vRealize Hyperic installation
• Manage and monitor resources with vRealize Hyperic