VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.2]
- Formats: Classroom, Live Online, vFlex-ILT, Onsite
- Length: 5 Days
This comprehensive, fast-paced training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX®. This course presents VMware NSX as a part of the software-defined data center. You will learn how to use logical switching in VMware NSX to virtualize your switching environment. The course also details logical routing to enable you to dynamically route between different virtual environments. And you will learn how to use gateway services, firewall configurations, and security services to help secure and optimize your VMware NSX environment.
Access to a software-defined data center environment is provided through hands-on labs to reinforce the skills and concepts presented in the course.
This course provides the skills needed to manage either an NSX V6.2 or V6.3 environment.
This course is also available in an On Demand format. For more information, select this link: VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.2] - On Demand.
|Objectives:||By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe the evolution of the software-defined data center
• Configure and deploy VMware NSX components for management and control
• Describe basic VMware NSX layer 2 networking
• Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
• Configure and deploy VMware NSX distributed router appliances to establish east-west connectivity
• Configure and deploy VMware NSX® Edge™ services gateway appliances to establish north-south
• Configure VMware NSX L2 bridging
• Configure and use all main features of the NSX Edge services gateway
• Configure NSX Edge firewall rules to restrict network traffic
• Configure VMware NSX distributed firewall rules to restrict network traffic
• Configure Service Composer policies
• Configure an identity-aware firewall
• Describe VMware NSX data security
• Use the cross-vCenter VMware NSX feature
|Intended Audience:||Experienced system or network administrators|
|Prerequisites:||• Understanding of enterprise switching and routing
• Knowledge of TCP/IP services
• Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course or