VMware Integrated OpenStack Fundamentals [V6.0]
- Format: Self-Paced
- Length: 3.5 Hours
In the VMware Integrated OpenStack Fundamentals course, you will learn how VMware supports the open-source and industry standard OpenStack framework for managing public and private clouds.
This course covers the features and advantages of VMware Integrated OpenStack. It also covers the basic architecture, explains how to deploy and manage cloud-based IaaS, demonstrates the unique advantages that VMware brings to OpenStack, and describes the new features available in the latest release, including installation of Essential VMware PKS on top of VIO using a Heat Stack.
This course is designed with a step-by-step demonstration shows you how to perform administrative as well as tenant tasks in VMware Integrated OpenStack, including how to create and manage projects, users, accounts, flavors, images, and networks. Step-by-step demos will also provide a very clear and deep understanding of the advantages of VMware Integrated OpenStack.
|Objectives:||After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the OpenStack capabilities
• Explain how OpenStack enables organizations to build and manage cloud computing platforms for public and private clouds
• Create and edit the OpenStack project, images, volumes, and virtual machines (VMs)
• Describe the functionality of the OpenStack command line tool
• Explain lifecycle management operations performed by cloud administrators
• Explain operations related to VMs and private networks performed by tenants
• Install Essential VMware Pivotal Container Service (PKS) on top of VIO using a Heat Stack
|Outline:||Module 1: VMware Integrated OpenStack Introduction
Module 2: Getting Started with VIO 6.0
Module 3: Using vRealize Solutions
Module 4: VIO API Consumption and Automation
Module 5: Installation of Essential PKS On Top of VIO Using a Heat Stack