VMware Certification Program Beta Exams
Be one of the first to certify on the latest VMware certifications by helping the exam development team. Register now for a VMware Certification beta exam!
|Beta Exam Details||Frequently Asked Questions||Beta Exam Status|
Registering for a Beta Exam
- To register for a VMware beta exam:
- Go to www.vmware.com/certification.
- Select the “Register Now” link/button in the right navigation menu to be directed to your Pearson VUE account. Select the beta exam title/number that you would like to complete.
- Beta exam vouchers are not available; however, regular exam vouchers can be used. You are encouraged to register and take the exam early. Beta registration and testing can be closed earlier than the published last day of testing since only a limited number of beta exam seats are available.
Taking a Beta Exam
- You must acknowledge the VMware, Inc. Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA) prior to starting the beta exam.
- At the beginning of the beta exam you will complete a brief demographic survey. These survey results are kept entirely confidential and do not impact the exam score.
- Your feedback is integral to the beta testing process. We encourage you to include any comments on individual exam questions.
- The beta period is typically between 4 and 6 weeks, but is subject to change. This is the time in which the beta exam is being delivered. The beta will remain open until we receive enough data from participants to properly evaluate the exam content.
- You can only take each beta exam one time (no retakes are allowed).
Scoring a Beta Exam
- After the Beta period closes, we begin the question analysis process. This is the time in which the results from the Active Beta period are being analyzed. During this time, we review item specific data, general exam data and participant comments. The data is analyzed to determine which items will appear on the live exam. Depending on the amount of data that must be analyzed and the time needed to construct the live exam, this period can take from 6 to 10 weeks. Once the final live exam is made available to the public, we then score all the beta results against the official passing score.
- The Beta Scoring period is the time in which the results from the Active Beta period are scored against the live exam. This process takes 1 to 2 weeks; after which you will receive your score report. Score reports will be sent out at, or very close to, the date of the live exam release.
- You will only be scored on the questions that are chosen for the final exam. Any questions you incorrectly answered that do not make it to the final exam do not negatively affect your final score. Passing a beta exam is the same as passing a production exam. You will get credit for taking the beta exam, just as with any live exam. Please note: if you are taking a beta exam for purposes of recertifying your VCP, if the scoring is not completed before your recertification deadline, your VCP status could be in jeopardy. You should plan accordingly to allow enough time, or pursue an alternate route to recertification.
Q: Can I get certified after I take a beta exam?
Yes. If you take a beta version of the exam and pass, you will earn VMware certification if you have completed all other certification requirements for the related certification.
Q: When can I register for a beta exam?
Registration for a beta exam can be completed prior to the first day the beta exam is available.
Q: Can anyone take a beta test?
Those who meet the prerequisite qualifications, including any prerequisite certifications, are invited to participate in a beta exam.
Q: Why does VMware Education conduct beta exams?
The beta process provides clear quantifiable data to eliminate questions that are ambiguous, too easy, too difficult, or do not discriminate among qualified and non-qualified candidates. Test- and question-level statistics are gathered during beta testing and are used to select the best questions for the final live exam.
Q: How can I get more involved in exam development?
Sign up for our Subject Matter Expert list and we’ll be in touch with opportunities.
Q: Can I be notified when beta exams are released?
Yes. Sign up for our Subject Matter Expert list and we’ll let you know when beta exams in your area of interest are released.
Q: How much does the beta exam cost?
All VMware VCP beta exams are $50 USD and VCAP or VCIX beta exams are $100 USD. Regular exam vouchers can be used; however, partial amounts may not be deducted from a voucher. If your voucher is worth $245 US and you use it to purchase a VCP beta exam for $50 US, you will forfeit the remaining $195 US and your voucher will not be valid for further use.
|Beta Exam||Status||Beta Exam Open Date||Beta Exam Close Date|
|2V1-602 vSphere 6.5 Foundations Beta Exam||Closed||19 December 2016|
|VCP6-DCV (6.5) Beta Exam (2V0–622)||Closed||04 January 2017||14 February 2017|
All beta dates are subject to change. Please refer back to this page for the latest information.
Last updated: 20 March 2017
This is the course list modal