VMware Certified Associate 6 – Cloud Management and Automation Fundamentals Exam
Validate your ability to identify technical requirements for cloud management and automation and align them with the technical products and solutions that meet those requirements.
Please note: This exam will retire and no longer be offered after December 31, 2017.
|Exam Topics||How to Prepare||Additional Resources|
- Describe business use cases for different cloud deployment and service models
- Identify use cases for various cloud services such as SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
- Describe the Software-Defined Data Center
- Identify the benefits of the Software-Defined Data Center
- Identify vSphere and Data Center Virtualization components
- Identify use cases for deploying Linked Clones
- Explain Storage Service Classes
- Identify use cases for deploying Virtual SAN
- Identify Cloud related vSphere components
- Describe functionality of vRealize Automation
- Differentiate Infrastructure, Application, & Custom Services
- Explain extensibility in adapting vRealize to your environment
- Explain extensibility in adapting vRealize to new IT Services (XaaS)
- Describe the functionality of the Unified IT Service Catalog for end-user requests
- Explain policy-based provisioning and governance
- Describe lifecycle management for workloads
- Explain intelligent business and resource management
- Describe how to integrate vRealize Automation with NSX
- Differentiate managing and monitoring cloud versus physical environments
- Describe how vRealize Operations Manager:
- Uses Super Metrics for performance management
- Enables capacity management
- Utilizes intelligent groups
- Identify requirements for monitoring applications, operating systems, middleware, and databases
- Explain how vRealize Operations Manager implements the following:
- Self-learning analytics
- Dynamic thresholds
- Pro-active smart alerts
- Identify steps to configuring compliance management
- Explain how vRealize Operations Manager integrates with vRealize Orchestrator
- vRealize Operations Datasheet
- Automated Operations Management for your Enterprise
- Intelligent Operations Management from Applications to Storage
- Capacity Management using vRealize Operations
- Defining Compliance Standards
- vRealize Operations and Orchestrator Extensibility
- Super Metrics in vRealize Operations Manager
- Describe the features and capabilities of vCloud Connector
- Explain how vCloud Connector enables Cloud content transfer
- Identify use cases for extending the Data center using vCloud Connector
- Explain content synchronization using vCloud Connector
- Describe the components and benefits of vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
- Explain the functionality of vCenter SRM in a Cloud environment.
- Identify how vCenter SRM automates orchestration and testing of Disaster Recovery.
- Identify use cases for using vCenter SRM for Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
- Identify the best VMware Cloud Solution for a given use case
Online examinations must be completed within 48 hours of registration with PearsonVUE.
- Your exam may contain unscored questions in addition to the scored questions, this is a standard testing practice. You will not know which questions are unscored, your exam results will reflect your performance on the scored questions only.
- VMware exams are scaled on a range from 100-500, with the determined raw cut score scaled to a value of 300.
- Scaled scoring allows for raw scores from different VMware exams to be scaled to a consistent value.
- Raw passing scores differ between VMware exams based on different technologies or different levels of competency.
- A scaled score provides a standard range for test takers and permits direct and fair comparisons of results from one exam form to another