VMware Certified Associate 6 – Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals Exam
This exam tests candidates on their skills and abilities identifying technical requirements for managing a VMware vSphere 6 environment and aligning them with the technical products and solutions that meet those requirements. Note: This exam will be retired on September 30, 2016.
|Exam Topics||How to Prepare||Additional Resources|
- Identify VMware vSphere Editions.
- Identify common management challenges.
- Identify common scalability challenges.
- Identify common optimization challenges.
- Explain the concept and capabilities of a virtual machine.
- Identify purpose of ESXi and vCenter Server.
- Differentiate VMware migration technologies.
- Differentiate VMware availability technologies.
- Explain the concepts of clusters and resource pools.
- Identify and explain common VMware data center products.
- Differentiate physical and virtual storage.
- Explain the use of shared storage in a vSphere implementation.
- Differentiate VMFS and NFS datastores.
- Explain Thin Provisioning.
- Explain Virtual SAN capabilities.
- Explain Virtual Volume capabilities.
- Identify capabilities of Storage I/O Control.
- Identify capabilities of Storage DRS.
- Explain VMware virtual storage technologies.
- Differentiate physical and virtual networking.
- Differentiate VMware virtual switch technologies.
- Identify VMware virtual switch components.
- Identify common virtual switch policies.
- Identify capabilities of Network I/O Control.
- Differentiate vSphere resource management features.
- Remediate resource management challenges.
- Identify all vMotion technologies (Storage, Resource, Long distance, etc.).
- Explain Distributed Resource Management, Distributed Power Management and High Availability.
- Differentiate vSphere high availability features.
- Remediate high availability challenges.
- Identify vSphere Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Differentiate VMware disaster recovery/disaster tolerance technologies.
- Configure/Manage vSphere high availability solutions.
- Explain vSphere Fault Tolerance.
- Identify vSphere Replication requirements.
- Explain features of VMware NSX.
- Explain features of vRealize Operations.
- Explain features of vRealize Automation.
- Explain features of vRealize Air.
- What’s New in in the VMware vSphere 6.0 Platform
- VMware NSX Datasheet
- NSX Feature Walk Through
- vRealize Operations Datasheet
- vRealize Operations Feature Walk Through
- vRealize Automation Datasheet
- vRealize Automation Feature Walk Through
- VMware vRealize Air Homepage
- VMware vRealize Suite Datasheet
- vSphere Client / vSphere Web Client
- Apply VMware data center virtualization technologies to resolve common availability challenges.
- Apply VMware data center virtualization technologies to resolve common management challenges.
- Apply VMware data center virtualization technologies to resolve common optimization challenges.
- Apply VMware data center virtualization technologies to resolve common scalability challenges.
- Differentiate SMB and Enterprise challenges and solutions.
If you are interested in purchasing an exam voucher using VMware Learning Credits or a credit card, please click here.
Online examinations must be completed within 48 hours of registration with PearsonVUE.