VMware Virtual SAN Fundamentals [V5.5]
Self-Paced (60 Minutes)
This training course focuses on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware® Virtual SAN™ 5.5. This course looks at how Virtual SAN is used as an important component in the VMware® software-defined data center. The course is based on VMware® ESXi™ 5.5 and VMware® vCenter Server™ 5.5.
|Objectives:||After this course, students should be able to:
• Introduce concepts related to the architecture and features of VMware virtualized storage.
• Articulate Virtual SAN benefits
• Identify the primary issues associated with Virtual SAN configuration and management
• Understand the primary use cases and customer situations when Virtual SAN is best used, including high level technical qualification criteria.
• Identify VSAN elements
• Enlist the prerequisites needed to configure Virtual SAN.
|Intended Audience:||Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with Virtual SAN|
|Outline:||Module 1: Introduction to Virtual SAN
The Benefits of Virtual SAN
Advantages of Virtual SAN over Traditional Storage and VSA.’
Module 2: Software-Defined Data Center
• Use Cases
o Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
o Test and development
o Disaster recovery
o Management cluster storage
o Remote office/branch office
• POC Pre-Qualification Checklist
Module 3: Virtual SAN Architecture
• Virtual SAN Architecture
• Virtual SAN Objects and Components
• Virtual SAN prerequisites
• Virtual SAN cluster sizing requirements
Module 4: Configuring Virtual SAN (Optional)
• Enable Virtual SAN on a cluster
• Create disk group
• Storage policies
• Expand Virtual SAN cluster