VMware App Volumes Fundamentals
- Format: Self-Paced
- Length: 1 Hours
This eLearning course on VMware App Volumes will provide you a fundamental understanding of App Volumes and how it can be used for real-time application delivery with life cycle management.
The course will start with an overview of App Volumes, its components, features, and benefits. Next, you will take a look at the hardware and software pre-requisites and the network and security considerations for installing App Volumes. Finally, you will see how to provision App Volumes and the process for installing and configuring App Volumes. You will also gain an understanding of how App Volumes helps create and manage AppStacks.
|Objectives:||At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how the VMware App VolumesTM product works.
- Explain the features and benefits of App Volumes.
- Identify the interface elements of App Volumes.
- Install and configure App Volumes.
|Prerequisites:||It is recommended that learners complete the following pre-requisite courses:
- Workforce Mobility Fundamentals
- Horizon with View 6 Fundamentals
|Outline:||1. Course Introduction
- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Course Outline
2. VMware App Volumes: Product Overview
- What is App Volumes?
- Application Containers
- App Volumes Components
- App Volumes Agent Events
- App Volumes with Horizon with View
3. VMware App Volumes: Features and Benefits
- Complete Application Lifecycle Management
- User Environment Management and App Volumes
- Dynamically Deliver Application Sets
- Writable Volumes
- Real-Time Application Delivery
- Customize and Group AppStacks for LOBs
- Seamless End-User Experience
- Cost-Optimized Infrastructure
4. VMware App Volumes: Installation Pre-Requisites
- App Volumes: Pre-Requisites
- Network and Security Considerations
- Backup and Recovery
5. VMware App Volumes: Installation and Configuration
- App Volumes Provisioning
- App Volumes Manager Installation and Configuration
- Using App Volumes
- AppStack Creation and Management