VMware NSX for Internetworking Experts Fast Track [V6.1]
- Formats: Classroom, Live Online, Onsite
- Length: 5 Days
This comprehensive, fast-paced training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX™. This course covers NSX as a part of the software-defined data center platform, implementation use cases along with features of NSX, and functionality operating at Layer 2 through Layer 7 of the OSI model.
Data center network architectures are examined to demonstrate how NSX intersects with and virtualizes functions of a Cisco-based infrastructure in spine-leaf and traditional core-aggregate-access architectures. Lecture and hands-on lab activities support the student’s understanding of NSX features, functionality, and on-going management and control.
For advanced course options, go to www.vmware.com/education.
|Objectives:||• Describe the software-defined data center
• Describe how NSX is the next step in the evolution of the software-defined data center
• Describe features and benefits of NSX network virtualization
• Identify prerequisites for NSX
• Configure and deploy NSX management, control, and data plane components
• Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
• Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks in a UCS environment
• Describe the Cisco Nexus and UCS products and features that are relevant to NSX
• Configure and deploy NSX distributed router to optimize East-West data center traffic flows
• Configure and deploy VMware NSX Edge™ services gateway appliances
• Configure and use NSX virtual private networks
• Configure and use logical load balancing
• Configure NSX Edge Firewall and Distributed Firewall policy rules
• Configure Service Composer security groups and policies
• Use role-based access to control user account privileges
• Use activity monitoring to validate and create security policies
• Describe how VMware vRealize™ Automation and NSX enable automated provisioning of IT services and
• Design a NSX solution with Cisco Nexus and Cisco UCS
|Intended Audience:||Experienced system administrators that specialize in networking|
|Prerequisites:||• System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for
• A solid background in a Cisco-based infrastructure or NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.1].